Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New People

About 2 months ago a guy named Arturo came up to JP at work and asked if he went to church.  Arturo is 30, he grew up in church, and was even involved in leading a youth ministry, but has spent the past 6 years not following God.  He asked JP if he could go to church with us.  Arturo has been coming ever since, and has gotten involved in a small group for young men.  His girlfriend, Araceli, has been coming for a couple weeks now too.  She hadn't ever been to church before, but said that she noticed a change for the good in Arturo in the past several weeks, and wanted to go see what church is all about.  Araceli is 24, and also works with JP and Arturo.  We get along quite well, and have gone out as couples.  I hope to begin meeting with Araceli for a Bible study; she wants to know more about Jesus!

And, two weeks ago, a family entered Horizonte Church asking what kind of church we were.  I explained.  The family lives in Mexico City and goes to Semilla de Mostaza Church, which is the same church as Horizonte.  They said they have family members here in Queretaro who recently accepted Christ.  The family from Mexico was looking for a church for the Queretano family.  During the second church service (we have two services here, at 10 and noon), the three daughters in the Queretano family came.  Pamela is 24, Karen is 20, and they have an elementary-aged sister.  Pamela and Karen are very interested in getting involved in Infusion (young adults' group), and growing in their relationship with Christ.  I'm meeting with them today for coffee.  I hope this will be a good opportunity to invest in the lives of two more young ladies!

I had been very discouraged about discipling in the past few months - some girls who I was going to begin discipling decided that they didn't want to, and another who I was discipling just didn't take any initiative in doing our study or having her devotional time.  So we've quit meeting.  But I hope that these opportunities with Araceli, Pamela, and Karen may turn into discipleship times.  And I'm going to begin meeting with Sandy, a 17 year old girl from church, to go through a book on Biblical anger management. 

Please pray for these potential discipleship opportunities with Araceli, Pamela, Karen, and Sandy.  Investing in the lives of young women is my passion in ministry!

(Sorry about the lack of pictures...  I think I've taken like 3 pictures of the past two or three months, and those are still in my camera!)

No comments:

Post a Comment